When Marnie Was There (2015) - She wasn't...

★★☆☆☆
The story is nothing gripping or moving but well presented in a rather slow, natural pace. The truth is not revealing till the last couple of minutes, but I find it predictable as I feel like right in the beginning that Anna and Marnie are not in the same space at the same time though they seem to be always playing around together in the picture. These two little girls are intimately connected. How and why is for you to find out. All I can say is, memories are nothing kind or cruel!

I appreciate the countryside as a backdrop in the film rather than the story, or the characters or the music whatsoever. I envy Anna having the chance to break away from the hustle and bustle, but sometimes I’d think to myself that no matter where else I go, no matter what other life I may lead, I’ll still be tricked by memories into believing that Samsara is kind of sweet and solid. That in this circle of life, there’s something so worth fighting for and holding on to. But you know memories are the greatest con artist of all. Marnie was never there. She never is, and never will be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

荃灣竹林禪院

屯門妙法寺

沙田萬佛寺