The Road Home - Tissues Needed

 (2000) ★★★★★

I only watched it once, on a local English TV channel. And I don't think I'll ever watch it again coz I don't wanna ruin the good memory of it. I'd rather let it stay as sweet and beautiful as it was. I had never before seen a film that could make me cry a river till The Road Home. I don't know. Maybe there's something to do with the story and its score and pictures. Why are love stories that appear to be so poignant and desperate always able to touch us deep down? We human beings are in a sense strange animals that incessantly long for love, care and attention, but hate the pain that comes with them. The Road Home depicts a beautiful, touching story of love, but don't forget, it already shows us the pain it brings in black and white in the beginning. Love is colorful, but yet inseparable from pain itself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

荃灣竹林禪院

屯門妙法寺

沙田萬佛寺