Friends With Benefits - Can You Do It Without?

(2011) ★★☆☆☆


Sex before marriage, it happens. Sex before officially dating, would you accept? Jamie (Mila Kunis) and Dylan (Justin Timberlake) try to play a game of sex without love. They seem to be okay with it at first, but things get a little bit tricky later, as expected. The story’s of no surprise. You know how they’re going to start it wrong, and how they’re going to fix it right.

I guess it’s much easier for men (not including me, I’ve made myself clear in ‘One Day’ review) than for women to do sex without love. It’s because, for women, having sex involves the risk of getting pregnant, so they’d need a loving, caring, responsible man to share their burden in the end. They can’t really afford to do it without. Even if they say they can, they’re probably lying. I’m not sure about men unlike me, but I’m sure there must be perverts who’d prefer sex without love, fun without responsibilities. Like it or not, this world is made up of the good and the evil.

Jamie and Dylan are neither good nor evil. They’re simply lost and afraid to love again because they’ve been hurt, and hiding their scars. Love without sex is definitely nonsensical. Sex without love is after all not possible. If you disagree, you could be a problem.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

荃灣竹林禪院

屯門妙法寺

沙田萬佛寺