Sherlock Holmes: A Game Of Shadows - Nice Actions But...

(2011) ★★☆☆☆
A great Sherlock Holmes film, to me, must involve a proper story that we find both entertaining and mind-blowing; humorous dialogues; and a bonus that’s in fact not really necessary: eye-popping action scenes. 2009’s ‘Sherlock Holmes’ has all sorts of elements, which were such a surprise to me, but ‘A Game Of Shadows’ seems like a game of fools traveling around the Europe so as to find out what Holmes’ biggest enemy, Prof. Moriarty is exactly up to. Turned out I’m too a fool because I have no idea what he’s up to even after seeing the whole film. Or maybe his scheme’s too big to get me involved.

Both Robert Downey, Jr. and Jude Law have lost their charm since the director Guy Ritchie has lost his touch on storytelling. Things this time seem to go too fast, too complicated, too big to be digested before the ending that confuses me indeed. There’s nothing impressive in this sequel except for the last action scene in the woods that’s, without doubt, a truly spectacular. We all know that Holmes won’t be gone just like that, but how come he’s still alive after falling over the cliff? He puts a question mark after ‘The End’. You know what that means huh? I’m no longer interested in the third chapter, however!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

荃灣竹林禪院

屯門妙法寺

沙田萬佛寺