The Amazing Spiderman 2 (2014) - My Goodbye To Superhero Films

★★☆☆☆
The Amazing Spiderman’ is a sweet, exhilarating and encouraging piece of action entertainment. ‘The Amazing Spiderman 2’ is however, too much and too easy: too much of romance and blah blah blah, and so there ain’t many fights like it’s expected to have; the bitter past too easy to get rid of; the villains too easy to eliminate; everything seems like a piece of cake except Gwen Stacy (Emma Stone)’s death that I’m not convinced and well… I don’t really care at all. I know this Spidey’s supposed to be funnier and much more easygoing in contrast to Tobey’s, but don’t you think it’s getting a bit too off the wall?

So far ‘The Dark Knight’ seems to be the one and only superhero film that impresses so. I don’t know. Maybe, again, it’s just me. Maybe I’m already tired of such superhero films. Maybe I’m too old, too complicated, too dark, or too mundane for stuff like this. The thing is, the more I get to learn what the Buddha says about Amitabha’s Pure Land that’s completely beyond our imaginations and logic, the less interested I’m in catching a nonsensical film like that, or probably anything out of this world later.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

荃灣竹林禪院

屯門妙法寺

沙田萬佛寺