Lucy (2014) - She's Time.

★★★☆☆
‘Lucy’ somehow left me pondering for quite a moment what time is; why there’s time; how it’s like before time; what if one becomes time itself; and even ‘nonsense’ like what is the purpose of life? And then I was slapped back to super mundane, routine, safe reality by the call of nature literally!

‘Lucy’ is not so bad like most people think it is. The actions are pretty intense, especially the car chase sequence that’s certainly well edited and jaw-dropping. And I never thought Scarlett Johansson would put on such a great performance in a film like this. It’s just that it could’ve been more impressive if it’d stretched its philosophy and symbolism further and deeper so that it’d be like an action-packed sci-fi phenomenon, not the other way round. Well, this Luc Besson’s latest work is still worth a checkout though. Is he a one-hit wonder? I can’t judge, but I so wish that he could pull it off again like he once did to ‘Leon: The Professional’ in the future.

This film seems to be talking about how it’s like when one’s able to dig up the rest 90% of his brain capacity, but it’s not I guess. I feel like it’s about time. Time’s everything and everywhere and yet it’s more than that. We all feel like we’re part of time but we’re not time, are we? How it’s like to become time itself or even go beyond time? I can’t tell right now but I know where I should go to find the answer. Lucy’s got the answer but she’s not telling anyway!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

荃灣竹林禪院

屯門妙法寺

沙田萬佛寺