Jurassic World (2015) - It's Just Me!

★★☆☆☆
To be fair, ‘Jurassic World’ is not so bad, especially for those too young to have been amazed by ‘Jurassic Park’ and stuff. So let me make myself clear here. It’s just me, not the film. The film itself has certain qualities that are able to bring thrills and constant entertainment to kids who have never seen anything like it before. But to me, there’s just so much of cliché, like how the dinosaurs turn up and end up, how they cross paths with the main characters, and how the main characters are always going to be just fine no matter what! Maybe I’m too mature for simple stuff like that, or maybe I’m too screwed up to be able to appreciate it. Anyways, like I said, it’s just me!

We always tend to make things as complicated as they can seem, because we just don’t like it simple. In order to make ourselves feel good, we turn a ‘park’ into a ‘world’. We make not just ordinary dinosaurs, but a smarter, stronger, crueler genetic hybrid. We’re messed up as a result. But we never learn from our mistakes. We feel like the show must go on and on.

I miss how I was so amazed by ‘Jurassic Park’. I miss the time when I was just a little simple-minded kid totally oblivious of the complicated world spinning around that is, as a matter of fact, not complicated at all! So sad that one can’t help chasing his childhood dreams till the day he realizes that childhood itself is actually his one and only dream!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

荃灣竹林禪院

屯門妙法寺

沙田萬佛寺