Robbery (2016) - Hard To Get Out!

★★★☆☆
Right, it’s been a real while since my last update. No, I’m not gone! Not yet! I guess I’d be left in a miserable void if I give it up now. It’s just that there’re no movies worth checking out or reviewing lately. Most of them just slipped right out of my mind after watching. Some stayed a little while but faded when I finally decided to write something about it. This local cult film somehow lingers!

‘Robbery’ is a cult so rare that you don’t even know it exists. Like any other cult films, it tells a story that doesn’t really make sense, or say, it makes no sense at all if you get serious looking at it, but I guess the point of a cult film is not a sensible story but instead a ridiculous one to make you feel sick and wonder why the hell you wanna check out a film like that. You won’t be able to find the answer though, because you’re nothing but a weirdo like me and everyone else out there, helplessly going around the circle of cult reality!

With frequent sudden violence taking place in one single location, ‘Robbery’ feels a lot like a salute to Quentin Tarantino’s ‘The Hateful Eight’, but funnier, dreamier, fancier, creepier only if you stick with it right till the end. It’s like getting in a loop of something tempting and dangerous that you find pretty hard to get out indeed!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

荃灣竹林禪院

屯門妙法寺

沙田萬佛寺