Radwimps - Human Bloom


Who: Radwimps
Where: Japan
What: Indie/pop Rock
When: 2016

Makoto Shinkai’s animated film ‘Your Name’ is why I got to know this indie rock band from Japan. The film itself is just a so-so experience but the soundtrack by Radwimps is unforgettable. Music’s universal. It’s true, no matter if it’s singing Mandarin, Japanese, English or what, as long as it’s able to conjure something however sad or happy up in your mind, you’ll love it, though the lyrics may be suggesting the complete opposite of what you’re feeling. It seems like the more you’re ignorant of the lyrics, the more you’ll be able to enjoy the beauty of the music. ‘Human Bloom’, Radwimps’ latest album, is the best of theirs to me to date. I have no idea what they’re singing at all, but every time I listen to it, it makes me feel a great deal of delight, and also a bit of poignancy that love comes so slow but goes so fast. Maybe that’s the way it is. Or maybe I’m just deluded to think so! Go find ‘Human Bloom’ wherever you can, and enjoy it. Peace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

荃灣竹林禪院

屯門妙法寺

沙田萬佛寺