Tomb Raider (2018) - I Prefer The Games!

★☆☆☆☆
I’ve been a fan of Tomb Raider games since I don’t know, probably ‘TR4: The Last Revelation’ back in 1999. Whoa, that was almost 20 years ago! It was such a long challenging game indeed that truly exhausted but also amazed me so much! Even the latest reboot of the franchise can no longer give me the thrills that I used to have while playing TR 4, which is the best of the best, hands down!

Just because TR games are exhilarating to play doesn’t mean TR films are nice to catch. Like the ‘Assassin’s Creed’ film from two years ago that came with a very pleasing trailer but the film itself simply sucks. ‘Tomb Raider’, too, has a very exciting trailer but the film is not at all exciting like expected. The action scenes are casual and dumb. Lara’s change is sudden and awkward. The plot is by no means juicy! ‘Tomb Raider’ and ‘Rise of the Tomb Raider’ are definitely worth your while, but this film, to be honest, is too carefree to be watchable!

Shadow of the Tomb Raider’, the third installment of the reboot trilogy, is coming soon this September, indicating that Lara is getting darker and madder than ever as she has to kill not just to survive but to get what she desires. In the film, there’s a scene where she has to strangle a man to death in order to live. I wonder what I’d do if I were her. Would I kill to keep in Samsara as well? Or would I give it up to end it all? I think I’d do the latter!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

荃灣竹林禪院

屯門妙法寺

沙田萬佛寺