The Adventures Of Tintin: The Secret Of The Unicorn - Not My Cup Of Tea.

(2011) ★★★☆☆
I remember vaguely that I read the comic books before, when I was very little I guess. I used to think that Tintin was a carefree kid who loved adventures. Turned out he’s an adult and a journalist. Frankly the comic books weren’t so interesting. I was much more into 'Dragon Ball' or stuff, but they’re different. The adventures of Tintin are much more serious and complicated. If you’re a fan of Steven Spielberg, and like an adventure with a mixture of ‘Indiana Jones’ and ‘Pirates Of The Caribbean’, this is the right film for you.

‘The Secret Of The Unicorn’ is beautifully animated. It’s fast paced and entertaining. There’s basically no break among chases well choreographed. So you can just sit back, shut down your brain and enjoy the show. No need to worry a bit about Tintin and his friends and his unbelievably smart dog, because you know they’re always going to be alright. That’s the fault of any adventure films. Many die, but key characters always stand. It’s so predictable. Much worse, what they’re after is simply nothing but treasure. I think it’d be much more gripping if they were after something more than that.

I wonder, why they made it an animated film instead of a live action one. The latter would be more stunning, don’t you think? I guess if they want to make it a live action movie, they’ll have to spend much, much more to make those impossible shots and chases possible. And there’re probably two more features to come in IMAX 3D, but such things, you know, are no longer my cup of tea.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

荃灣竹林禪院

屯門妙法寺

沙田萬佛寺