Future Islands - The Far Field


Who: Future Islands
Where: U.S.
What: Synthpop/Indie Rock
When: 2017

They’re an American synthpop trio. This is not an album you’d get hooked up with by just one listen. The more you listen to it, the more layer of musical richness and passion you’d dig up. It’s full of emotions, lyrically and vocally. Songs like ‘Time On Her Side’, ‘Ran’, ‘Ancient Water’, are rather addictive. Some are sentimental enough to make you go tearful, like ‘Through The Roses’ that really struck me for quite a while. Is there anyone who could see me through the roses, through the lights, the smoke and the screen? Is there anyone who would agree with me that it’s not easy just being human? Who would be there to pull it through together with me? ‘The Far Field’ is sort of a surprise to me. Hope there’d be someone real and ‘beautiful’ right ahead to surprise me as well. Alright, go get it and enjoy! Peace!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

荃灣竹林禪院

屯門妙法寺

沙田萬佛寺