Cars 2 - Mine To Blame.

(2011) ★★☆☆☆


I don’t think it’s a good idea to humanize vehicles, you know with two eyes on the windshield to see, a mouth in the front to talk, two rear-view mirrors as ears and four wheels to play arms and legs. That seems so weird, doesn’t it? I can hardly feel involved while viewing ‘Cars’ and ‘Cars 2’, so I think I’ll pass any sequels of that kind if there’s any coming.

‘Cars’ is not at all exciting. ‘Cars 2’ is even worse though it involves a lot more vehicles, explosions, chases and a secret agent plot. It’s a well-made, good-to-look-at computer animation, but I don’t find any of the vehicles cute or lovable. I kind of know why. Unlike animals in animation features, cars are nothing but lifeless steel to us in reality. We’d find it hard to accept that they could act and have feelings like us. ‘We’ here means some of the grownups with fixed minds. Honestly, having a fixed mind is a damn thing, so people like me who have a problem with ‘Cars’ are sort of pathetic. Innocent kids will absolutely be fine with it!

‘Cars’ series, to me, is the worst idea that Disney and Pixar have ever come up with. There’re numerous great moments in their joint creations, but I can’t find any in ‘Cars’ or ‘Cars 2’. Maybe it’s my fixed mind to blame, or maybe this ‘Cars’ idea doesn’t work. It’s probably the former, I guess.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

荃灣竹林禪院

屯門妙法寺

沙田萬佛寺