The Smurfs - Things I Didn't Realize.

(2011) ★★☆☆☆


-Smurfs are from Belgium, not from America, or Japan, or China…
-There’s Papa Smurf, but no Mama Smurf or stuff, so it’s basically a male dominant society.
-Smurfs have only 4 fingers so don’t ask them to give you 5.
-Their white hats can be used as a parachute.
-Their names are different, and so are their characters.
-They’re tiny and sometimes cute.
-They can live pretty long, I’m talking about hundreds of years, practically immortal to us.
-Most of them are topless.
-They like singing and dancing and planting in particular.
-They’re the source of some great power every wizard hankers for.

Above are the things I didn’t realize when I first saw this cartoon on TV about…I don’t know how many years ago. Not sure why this movie version came so late. Truth is, things keep changing, but something just never dies. I don’t have a problem with ‘The Smurfs’. It’s just that, as a movie, it could’ve been done so much better. Anyway, there’s a nice song right before the end credits, performed by a band called ‘Panic! At The Disco’. What a weird name!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

荃灣竹林禪院

屯門妙法寺

沙田萬佛寺