Skyfall (2012) - My Last!

★★☆☆☆

In case you don’t know, Skyfall is a mansion in Scotland where little Bond grew up with his family, but don’t expect it to be like ‘Batman Begins’ or stuff so that we might get to know how little Bond becomes big Bond. This 23rd (why people haven’t got fed up yet) Bond film is still about how Bond always seems to be able to hook up a girl and find a way out before finally getting his job, maybe not perfectly, but absolutely finished anyhow. He must be, like the film suggests, the last rat standing, no matter how invincible and fearsome the villain appears to be, this time played by Javier Bardem. What a waste of his talent and charisma in acting indeed. ‘Skyfall’ is nothing but a carefree action film, and you know what, carefree action films suck.

I’m never a fan of 007 series. Not fond of films starring Daniel Craig either. The reason why I checked out ‘Skyfall’ is that it’s gained positive reviews from critics worldwide. Turned out there’s nothing exciting about it, the actions exaggerated and boring, the story dragged out and clichéd, the performances disappointing. The only thing I like about it probably is the music. For the first time I jumped in the cinema for a Bond film, as I was interested to know how different Daniel Craig could be as the new Bond. I wasn’t impressed though. ‘Skyfall’ is his third, considered his best thus far. Sure he’ll go on and on, but I consider it my last!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

荃灣竹林禪院

屯門妙法寺

沙田萬佛寺