10 ★★★★★ Rock Albums That Used To Be Part Of Me (INPO) - Part 2.

Zealous, fun, powerful pop punk sound. ‘Move Along’ MV struck me so back then. This sophomore of theirs sure would make you feel like The All-American Rejects could be something so great, but pitifully they’re not quite. Their following efforts ‘When The World Comes Down’, and ‘Kids In The Street’, are just there to tell they’ve somehow lost their touch. Soon they’re gonna have to fade I guess, but ‘Move Along’ will stay.
This is an album you have to take a few listens to get addicted to. The lyrics may seem a bit bizarre but the music is so mesmerizing. ‘Hot Fuss’ that makes The Killers the best British band from America, is a no-idea after all, but ‘Sam’s Town’ is certainly more on reality than fantasy. Whether or not you’re a fan of The Killers, only if you’re a rockaholic, I suggest you take a ride to ‘Sam’s Town’.
Chuck is a guy who saved Sum 41 from a war zone. So this album is in fact a dedication to Chuck himself, and those peacekeepers risking their lives to keep peace and fight wars out there. An unbelievably outstanding punk metal work, both musically and lyrically, by a once talented Canadian rock band that’s fading as well.
I just happened to get to watch ‘The OC’, coz I had no interest at all in dramas like that. But in Orange County, there’re indeed a lot of great Indie rock bands showing off their Indie goodies, one of which is ‘Insomnia’ by Electric President, from their eponymous debut album, considered a strange beauty. ‘I’m a headcase if I don’t keep moving, and my head hurts if I don’t sit still. There’s an itch that I never stop scratching. There’s a hole that I never quite fill.’ Frustrating, heart-wrenching, memorable!
I guess I was rather into punk rock or any other sub-genres of it that sound so dynamic, delightful, lots of fun and excitement indeed. And Relient K’s ‘MMHMM’ is simply the best punk rock album I’ve ever enjoyed, and their most creative work thus far. I thought it was the cutest one too until… aha ‘Collapsible Lung’! You just never know!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

荃灣竹林禪院

屯門妙法寺

沙田萬佛寺