Stoker (2013) - No Idea!

★★☆☆☆
It’s been quite a while since I last sat myself down for a film. Being less interested and patient in such stuff, I’m no longer a moviegoer, not an addicted one for sure. So I may shut this blog down one day, but not anytime soon. For the time being, I’ll keep dropping nonsense some may consider, but I guess there’s always something important here for you to keep in mind!

Korean Park Chan-wook’s English debut, ‘Stoker’, is indeed a stylish piece, in light of cinematograph, sex appealing, disturbing sound effects and music, and the way the story is edited and told. Park’s ‘Oldboy’ truly gives a heart attack, while ‘Stoker’ looks less suspicious, melodramatic and brutal, and delivers no thrills even as the final truth’s revealed.

This film’s rather superficial. It’s for Park to show off his directorial skills only. The ending is clueless, and of no surprise. It just leaves audiences questions like, what the hell is going on in their minds? Jealousy? Libido? Depression? Anger? Despair? Insanity? No idea. I don’t appreciate a film like that anyway, especially while violence against violence seems to have been more justified and approved nowadays!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

荃灣竹林禪院

屯門妙法寺

沙田萬佛寺