10 ★★★★★ Rock Albums That Used To Be Part Of Me (INPO) - Part 1.

Hybrid Theory, a monster album in terms of smash hits, avant-garde Nu metal style, Chester’s stunning vocals with Mike’s impressive hip-hop beat blending perfectly together. Like a wakeup call for mundane lives out there, it opened up a door for me to other genres of rock music. Linkin Park’s debut, their best to date.
Inconceivably stylish and cool. Country rock legends The Eagles playing unplugged for their 1994 reunion concerts. I used to be able to sing, not only those in this album, but all of their songs by heart. One of the greatest bands on earth hands down! Here they present a sentimental, spectacular live album I’ve ever listened.
Some find it boring. I find it the most captivating album of Coldplay’s. ‘Parachutes’ is good but not great. ‘X&Y’, ‘Viva La Vida’, ‘Mylo Xyloto’ are pop stuff honestly. Only ‘A Rush Of Blood To The Head’ is the best act they’ve ever done.
Christian rock, alternative rock, post grunge, hard rock, name it, they just don’t care. Yes, they’re Christians and they all pray before going onto stage, but it doesn’t mean their songs are only welcomed by Christians. I’m a Buddhist. And I love their music, particularly their lyrics, poetic hopeful and inspiring. ‘The Beautiful Letdown’ tells the true facts of life. Sure it’s full of frustrations, but we should dare to move on anyway!
‘Plans’ got me into Death Cab For Cutie. It was… I don’t remember when I tried it at HMV, and actually brought it home afterwards. It sounded kind of bleak and poignant but hopeful at the same time. It was an incredible experience but in fact it’s their work right before ‘Plans’, ‘Transatlanticism’ that became part of me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

荃灣竹林禪院

屯門妙法寺

沙田萬佛寺