Rush (2013) - Excuse me!

★★☆☆☆
Honestly, I feel nothing particular about this latest work by Director Ron Howard who used to impress me just once with ‘A Beautiful Mind’, though it seems rather welcomed by film critics and most of the viewers. The actions are by no means thrilling. The story’s a bit rushed off. The dialogues are awkwardly dull. The whole film is almost like a turnoff to me. Maybe it’s because I’m no fan of racing sports, and don’t know how to appreciate it. So please excuse me!

I said ‘almost’ because ‘Rush’ is not completely a mess after all. At least I stayed seated for two hours straight to want to find out how things would end up between James Hunt and Niki Lauda, two real great desperados in F1 racing history. Two different characters, two different ways of living and approaching to success, and I guess there’s nothing wrong or right with the choices they make, but you know every choice has its price to pay!

F1 is undoubtedly the most dangerous sport on this planet that gets people killed every year, but why are there so many people still desperate to be part of it? I don’ t know. Maybe they’re all lunatics or something, or maybe it does feel kind of exhilarating to cheat death and be reborn!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

荃灣竹林禪院

屯門妙法寺

沙田萬佛寺