Dallas Buyers Club (2013) - The Best Actor... That's All.

★★☆☆☆
Personally I don’t like this film. It gives me sort of a bad feeling while some may find it hopeful and encouraging seeing how Ron Woodroof (Mathew McConaughey) turns from a scumbag into an AIDS hero fighting for his life and so called justice. I however, feel like he’s just got no choice but to do whatever he can to live on and fill up his wallet by the way. He’s nothing but a money-minded, selfish businessman that happens to be in the right place doing the ‘right’ thing!

There’s basically nothing impressive about this film except for Matthew’s great dedication to his role, or say, his sacrifices for the film should be indeed appreciated. I’m not sure if he really enjoys playing such a character but I definitely feel his desperation to want to make a change or a breakthrough for his seemingly unpromising career in acting. He’s undoubtedly the Best Actor of the year!

I don’t know why, while watching this film, what Dalai Lama said about Hollywood lately keeps popping up in my mind. That it’s bad for his eyes and a waste of time. I kind of agree that ‘Dallas Buyers Club’ is bad for my eyes as well as my ears, but it’s not so a complete waste of time. At least it shows me, with or without deliberation, how so determined and reckless a person can get while striving for whatever he believes is right, no matter how others think it’s wrong. Or the opposite!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

荃灣竹林禪院

屯門妙法寺

沙田萬佛寺