King Arthur Legend Of The Sword (2017) - You Know The Price!?

★★☆☆☆
I checked this film out because it’s a Guy Ritchie’s film. I like the way he handles not ‘A Game Of Shadows’ but ‘Sherlock Holmes’ only, which is unconventional and entertaining indeed. Other than that, I honestly don’t know what he’s done so impressive. His films are able to please your eyeballs for sure but never to stimulate your mind. This ‘King’ is just another signature treat by Guy, not yet his breakthrough!

‘King’ is an ancient story with a modern touch in terms of the language they speak and the way the story goes, but what’s going on in there seems rather irrelevant to me. The pace’s fast, sometimes too fast to care. The backdrop is kind of a joke. The characters are forgettable. All I like about it is when the King strikes his Sword, which is, I gotta admit, visually stunning! This film is, as a matter of fact, not that bad like I see it, only if you’re looking for occasional whoa and haha.

‘You know the price.’ I heard this line twice in the film when Jude Law’s Vortigern decides to ask that nasty thing to increase his power. Why do we still choose to do it though we know the price for doing it is gonna be more than we can take? I guess it’s not that we don’t know the price’s high. It’s that we constantly overestimate our ability to control the inner beast inside. That we’re too confident that we can stop asking for more as long as we’ve got what we wanted in the first place. The truth is, we never will. So the best way to control it is to never feed it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

荃灣竹林禪院

屯門妙法寺

沙田萬佛寺