Life In A Day - Life's Not Beautiful!

(2011) ★★★☆☆


‘Life In A Day’, a Scott Free production, collects thousands of clips shot on July 24, 2010 from around the world. They’re soundly edited and made like an ode to life itself. It reflects both the bright and dark side of human nature, so I got a mixed feeling after seeing it, if you know what I mean.

One of the clips that interests me is about a Korean man traveling around the world only on his bike. He’s been through a lot of setbacks during the journey but he didn’t give up and is still doing it. I appreciate his stamina, strength and perseverance. I wish I had the same courage and determination like his, not to travel around the world, but to become a monk and save people from sufferings. If I have to travel around to do that, ha, I’m willing certainly.

Also there’s a clip that thrills me near the end of the film. It features a girl in a car with her face close to a camera recording in night mode, saying things like life was not surprising; her day was nothing amazing. She seemed pretty upset and almost wanted to cry. I was wondering if she was going to commit suicide. Did she? I’ll leave it to you to find out. It however, makes me feel like life’s not so beautiful as it seems after all.

‘Life In A Day’ is not beautiful to me, at all. All I can see is people’s fears, stupidity, delusions, and stubbornness of striving for a so-called better life. It pains me to see them suffering and yet they’re kind of enjoying it. As a Buddhist, I believe in reincarnation, but I really don’t want to live any of their lives. I really don’t want to come to this world again either. But can I help it? Well, that’s another story!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

荃灣竹林禪院

屯門妙法寺

沙田萬佛寺