American Ultra (2015) - The Tree And The Car!

★★★☆☆
In case you wonder, ‘Ultra’ is a secret special training program set up by the CIA to make problematic kids a killing machine. Jesse Eisenberg’s Mike is part of it, and a success while many others fail. ‘American Ultra’ is part serious part funny, part cruel part romantic! In fact, I don’t know how I’m supposed to feel about it, but basically it’s a love story, a fairly moving one that contains certain gags and exhilarating actions, especially the last supermarket fight scene that truly is the highlight of the show!

For most of the time, the film doesn’t draw much of my attention, but there’s a metaphor concerning a tree and a car that kinda hits and holds me thinking about relationships all of a sudden. It takes a lot indeed for the tree and the car to collide. Sometimes the tree doesn’t dare or wish enough to stop the car. Sometimes the car just doesn’t care enough to stop for the tree! The tree may feel like it should get moving too but it’s grounded, and helpless. And the car may feel like it should get stopped too but it’s afraid that the hit could cause a lot of pain. Well, a hit-and-run happened to me lately. What bugs me is that I’m really not sure if I’m the stopping tree or the moving car!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

荃灣竹林禪院

屯門妙法寺

沙田萬佛寺