Furious 7 (2015) - One Last Time, For Paul.

★★☆☆☆
I’m not allergic to any ‘Fast’ or ‘Furious’, but not a fan of it either. I unintentionally jumped right into ‘Fast 5’ and ‘6’ that turned out just okay. I don’t like or dislike them. In ‘Furious 7’, the story is as plain and decorative. The actions now are much more daring and exaggerated than ever before. That’s why they appear to be so preposterous to me. The only thing not bad about it is the cameos like Jason Statham, Kurt Russell, and even Tony Jaa, but y’know they don’t have much show time. I thought ‘Fast 6’ would be my goodbye to the series, but since Paul Walker’s sudden death, I’d felt like I should pay him a tribute anyway by checking it out one last time!

To be honest, I don’t feel for most part of the film, but I do feel for the ending and the song that goes with it, where two cars travel side by side but then go in separate ways. The thing is, we never learn to treasure anything till we lose it. We never take Paul Walker or his role seriously till he’s gone forever. It’s like we never seem to know what this life’s for at all till the day we lose it. What a shame indeed that it’ll be just all too late when we finally get to know it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

荃灣竹林禪院

屯門妙法寺

沙田萬佛寺