Maggie (2015) - Thumbs Up For Arnie.

★★☆☆☆
Arnie’s very good in the film. He looks so vulnerable, battered, and sentimental like you’ve never seen him before. He deserves more time on the screen but this is, as the title suggests, a film about his daughter, Maggie, not him. So often he’s absent for no proper reason at all since his daughter’s under a critical situation turning rapidly into a zombie.

The pictures are apocalyptic, poignant, and kind of beautiful in gray color. The story however, is of no thrills, no twists, no climax. It’s more like a long boring MV, visually pleasing but so forgettable! There’s basically not a moment to really feel moved or emotional. It could’ve probably been a great film if it had adopted a realistic backdrop instead of a fictional yet hard-to-believe one. Like I said, Arnie’s good, but obviously he picked the wrong film to act in.

I don’t know how it feels to just watch someone die as you can do nothing about it. I saw a dead body or two before with my own eyes, but I’ve never watched someone dying before me. I don’t know how I’ll react especially if it’s someone I love. I don’t know if I’ll feel a relief or excruciating pain, but I may tell the person that death is not the end of it all. That you’ll go wherever you’re bound to go. No matter where, you’ll go through what you’ve been through, better or worse, again and again and again… except you feel like you’ve had enough of it right now!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

荃灣竹林禪院

屯門妙法寺

沙田萬佛寺