Coming Down With



I'm coming down with a cold. Snot is running out of my nose. My brain is shutting down. I feel drowsy. I wanna sleep, but I can't. I still have to work. Why? We have regrets and fears, trials and tribulations, pain and sorrow, expectations and disappointment, anger and anguish. Why? We save money, get insurance, MPF, and stuff. Why? We buy and sell, push and break, hopefully cry, shamefully laugh, stand tall and look down, kneel down and butter up. Why? We have ambitions, targets, and goals. We always feel like short of cash, of something, of everything indeed. F**k that. Why?


The answer, that may sound reasonable to most of the people, but yet very ridiculous, is very simple. That is, because we believe, we strongly believe that we're not going to die soon. We will, but not so soon. No way that we will die next second, or next minute, or next hour. Everybody believes they've still got years to go, and that they'd die old in their bed, peacefully, with their relatives and friends around, saying enough goodbye before closing their eyes. That's what they always picture. That's ignorance. That's what brings us all the sufferings. If you can think of your own death with every step you take, all of the f**king problems, emotions or troubles I mentioned above will instantly be gone. Death is not a curse. It's a blessing in fact. I'm not talking about suicide cases here, sorry to those suicide-lovers for you certainly can't taste the blessing of death.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

荃灣竹林禪院

屯門妙法寺

沙田萬佛寺