Ode to a free life

Daily Grind

I opened my eyes, wish I'd be fine
With no worries in mind, and nothing to fight
Still I'd be fooled, with a whole lot to do
I caught the bus, walking so fast
I signed up my name, felt kinda strange
People don't step outa their cage, and onto the stage
It's sorta funny, they only care about money
They're working so hard, making their mark
Upon the earth, spirits of death
I gotta type on, pretending strong
And then she said, what's wrong with that?
It turned me off, but they carried on
Yelling, laughing, joking, so disgusting
I kissed it goodbye, faking the smile
I go around in circles, chasing the shadows
There's no sun, the city is no fun
I closed my eyes, seeing the sign
There's no love, in the daily grind
27-06-2004

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

荃灣竹林禪院

屯門妙法寺

沙田萬佛寺