Preface

Preface 

 

Translation is not that easy. That’s how I feel after translating Vision from Chinese into English. But it seems that I’m telling a lie since it doesn’t take me too long to finish my work [just three weeks]. Undeniably, over the past few weeks, I’ve racked my brains to make it ‘the best’ though I know nothing can be the best [only can be better]. Frankly speaking, I love translation very much because it’s full of fun and excitement, and through which both my English and Chinese can be tremendously improved. No doubt translation is mentally exhausting and requires patience and of course intelligence. On a regular basis, you must be quite competent in two languages. Obviously, my English is not perfect [what is ‘perfect’ then?] and it needs a break-through indeed. Despite intelligence always keeping me at bay, fortunately, I’ve got diligence, and that’s my legacy. I will carry on working hard and hope that someday I can attain my goal—to be a good translator. I choose translation as my senior thesis because I think it’s the best way to find out how good my English really is. Now I’ve got the answer and I know which direction I shall keep on going.

 

Some say to me that vision is hard to be interpreted [in Chinese], and translating it into English is somewhat crazy. It needs courage as well as confidence. The fact is that I love challenge, and I’m crazy. This translation of mine may not be the best but at least I’ve tried. And I feel that I haven’t reached my full capability yet. At last, I’d like to say thanks to those who have helped me a lot through the work, especially Mrs. Julie Forrester [head of English Department] and Mr. George K. H. Shea [associate professor of Faculty of Arts]. They’ve been very kind to me. Also I honestly want to thank my mum, without her, I won’t have become who I am now. She is absolutely a true ‘vision’ to me! 

 

If there are any inappropriate translations or mistakes, please point them out for me. I’ll very much appreciate it!

 

One hundred percent guaranteed original! 

 

Hope you enjoy it.

 

Thanks!

(To Be Continued)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

荃灣竹林禪院

屯門妙法寺

沙田萬佛寺