Adaptation - Err...A Strange Movie!

 (2002) ★★☆☆☆


It's probably the weirdest film I've ever seen. No climax, no plot twists, no main storyline, no proper ending. Well, of course, no proper ending is kinda an ending if you like, but a strange film filled with weird moments and dialogues like that just doesn't impress me much.

It begins... okay, let me cut it short, a man named Charlie Kaufman trying to write a screenplay based on a book 'The Orchid Thift' written by Susan Orlean. Soon he's stuck and starts to image things. In the end, you'll learn that the movie itself is exactly the adapted screenplay Charlie has just finished. So this movie doesn't have a screenplay as all of the other movies do, coz the movie itself is in fact a screenplay. I guess that may be one of the reasons why it's considered great, but to me it's not so intriguing.

Excuse me for being shallow, stupid, lack of imagination or whatever, but honestly, I don't think you'll like it if you're just an ordinary movie-goer who loves thrills, twists, and touching stuff. You may, however, appreciate it if you're a screenwriter or an indie-junkie or something like that. Adaptation is a film that'd give you nothing but a strange feeling like, what you think will happen has already happened. It could be one of your great movies if you like that kinda strangeness, but I don't.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

荃灣竹林禪院

屯門妙法寺

沙田萬佛寺