Love In A Puff - Surprisingly Nice.

 (2010) ★★★★☆


First off, I don't smoke. I don't like smokers and foul language advocates (I don't think of them as bad people though). Second, I don't like Shawn Yue and Miriam Yeung, coz they're not really good at acting as a matter of fact. But I do feel something good about this Cantonese film, a modern love story depicted in a smoky, SMS way.

Why is it modern to me? They use the most recent, colloquial Cantonese, some of which I can't make head nor tail of, but they sound like dirty jokes or puns or stuff. They smoke right from the beginning to the end. That's why it's a smoky category-3 film. For most of the time, they text each other instead. I don't know, is this a kinda trend? Would people nowadays rather waste their time texting than just simply make a call to each other? This way of communication, nonetheless, seems quite romantic and intimate in the film. It generates misunderstandings as well as surprises.

Even if you don't smoke nor speak foul language, 'Love In A Puff' is still a creative, surprisingly nice Indie goodie not to be missed out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

荃灣竹林禪院

屯門妙法寺

沙田萬佛寺