The Ghost Writer - Just A Tickle.

(2010) ★★☆☆☆

'The Pianist' made me realize how great Roman Polanski could be as a director. 'Oliver Twist', nonetheless, showed me how boring his stuff could be sometimes. And 'The Ghost Writer' just got me again.

Ewan McGregor is the former British Prime Minster, Adam Lang's ghostwriter. He's recruited to work on Adam's memoirs after his predecessor is killed in an accident. As he keeps digging, he finds out more and more secrets about the former PM. The biggest secret of all is... well, I'm not gonna tell you of course, but one thing I can assure you is that you'd find it quite silly and go like 'So? Why so surprised?'.

Though it didn't zonk me out, it did confuse me in a way. Isn't it supposed to be serious and tense as y'know it's about political conspiracy? Why didn't I feel anything heavy or sad or unbearable? Slow pace and simple story... I don't know why Polanski would wanna make such a redundant film like this. I mean if you wanna strike someone (like his enemy, the American government), aren't you supposed to strike hard? Or maybe he just wanted to tickle.

Anyway, I kinda like Ewan McGregor. He appears to be quite handsome, sexy and humorous in the film. He's probably the only reason why I didn't have a snooze in my seat.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

荃灣竹林禪院

屯門妙法寺

沙田萬佛寺