Date Night - Am I Impervious?

 (2010) ★★☆☆☆

It's a story about an ordinary couple mistaken as a stripper and a pimp who've got evidence to prove that the District Attorney is nothing but a pervert, because in order to make one of their date nights more exciting than ever they get to where they're not supposed to be. There're few serious laughs and actions that are not so funny to me. The couple spend quite some time confessing to each other indeed. It's a comedy-coated love story.

It does teach us three things though. One, don't get married, because a married life is terribly boring. Two, even if you're married, don't have kids, because kids would suck your blood and turn you into a walking dead. Three, even if you're married and have kids, don't lose heart, because you always have the chance to make things right. All you need is one crazy date night or stuff like that to let you see the extraordinary out of the ordinary.

Am I impervious to comedies? I'm not sure. I'm going to give myself one last chance, and check out 'The Hangover' to see if I am. Though 'Date Night' didn't really turn me on, there's a beautiful song by this Grammy-winning John Mayer, called 'Heartbreak Warfare'. Enjoy!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

荃灣竹林禪院

屯門妙法寺

沙田萬佛寺